Do I need to bring anything on Sunday?
Not really. If you have a Bible, bring it. We also provide Bibles in seats if you would like to use them. Bring your family or a friend, but most importantly, bring an open mind and heart. God has something to share with you!
No doubt you will have questions (that's why you are looking at this page, right?). Check out the following FAQ’s. Hopefully, this will answer many of your questions.
What About Youth Ministry?
You’ll find out very quickly that ministry to our teenagers and their families is a very high priority. At High Pointe, we are focused on a real and relevant ministry to our teenagers to meet the many different needs. Our youth ministry, under the leadership of Pastor Josh Allen, is one that will challenge young people to be a radical follower of Jesus. Youth group time is the core meeting time for our teens. This time is filled with a variety of things like time in worship, small groups, teaching, and some fun and games with friends too. They meet on Sunday nights from 6-8 p.m. For more information, please feel free to contact Pastor Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Besides Sunday mornings, what others things are there for our children?
We value children and their families very much at High Pointe. There are always some valuable things that will teach, nurture and challenge our children to learn what it means to have a strong faith in the Lord. Here are a few…
- Kidz Praize: If you like music, choreography and drama, you have to check out our Kidz Praize ministry. They usually perform two musicals a year (Christmas and Spring/Easter) that communicate the timeless truths of the gospel in creative and fun ways. There are often 50-60 students in grades 3-6 that participate in these musicals each year. They usually meet on Wednesday nights for practice, but keep your eyes open for the latest practice information.
- Upwards Basketball: Each January and February, High Pointe partners with other Byron Center area churches for teaching children about what it means to have a relationship with Jesus through Upwards basketball. It’s much more than a sport, but a great and fun way to teach children about Jesus. Registration is in the fall and games begin in January.
- Service Projects: Games aren’t the only way to have fun, but learning to serve others is a great and fun way to demonstrate our faith and share the love of Christ with others. Our children are involved in many service projects throughout the year, including trips to Ronald McDonald House, Byron Manor, Buist Community Assistance Center and Mel Trotter Ministries. Why keep our love for Christ to ourselves? We want to share it with others too!
- Special Events: Throughout the year, there are many special events sponsored by our children’s ministries. Things like…
- Vacation Bible School
- Camp Praise (for pre-schoolers)
- Gym Night
- Over nighters
What other ministries does High Pointe have?
There are plenty other things going on in addition to Sunday mornings, so check out the rest of our website for the details of these ministries. Here are a few highlights…
Growing Pointes (small group/classes): This is the heart and soul of our small group ministries. Join us each Sunday at 9:15 for a Growing Pointes class that will spend time learning God’s Word, as well as building community through time spent sharing, encouraging one another and prayer. There are classes for every age, from nursery through any age adult.
Bible Studies/Elective Classes: If you’re looking for some great ways to grow in your Faith and get to know others, check out our church calendar for the latest Bible studies or classes that are going on at High Pointe. There is usually a men’s class, ladies Bible study or an elective class going on that will challenge and encourage you.
Athletics: If you’re looking for ways to connect through athletics, check out the updated bulletin or calendar for the latest in what is going on through athletics. We believe that there are many meaningful ways we can connect with God and others and athletics is just one of them. Check out things like…
- Softball: During the spring and summer months, we usually have at least one men’s team (sometimes two) and a co-ed team. Games are played right at Whistlestop Park in Byron Center. Keep your eyes open for sign-ups.
- Ladies’ Fitness: Meeting every Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m., join this group with a variety of different fitness offerings such as aerobics, stretching and zumba.
- Co-Ed Volleyball: meeting on Thursday nights.
- Men’s Basketball: If you like to run the court, check out the pick-up games of basketball on Tuesday nights. Check out the calendar for updated times.
Special Events: There is always something going on at High Pointe. Special concerts or seminars, family-fun events like our Vacation Bible School or Camp Praize in the summer or our Fall Festival in the fall. Check out the calendar for the latest on all our special events.
Wednesday Nights: If you’re looking for a place to refresh and refocus in the middle of your week, come join us. We meet each Wednesday at 6:30 pm for a time of worship and prayer, then at 7:00 pm, there is Kidz Praize musical practice (3rd-6th grades), youth/adult Praise Choir practice and an elective class that will help you grow in your Faith.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers): This special group meets the first and the third Tuesdays of the month from 9:00-11:30 am. Please contact the office to register (583-1451 or email@example.com).
We love to hear them. Go to our staff page and email any member of our staff to ask a question you may have. That's what they are there for!